How The Guitar Orchestra Works
As part of the intermediate course students learn several songs and pieces of music. Which are used as material for an end of term show.*
Performing in the guitar orchestra for the end of term show is entirely optional for students.
- It's not ALL guitars in the band! (although it is usually about 12) For the live shows there are people playing other instruments, singers and some backing tracks involved.
- The classes and the guitar orchestra feature a broad range of musical styles. Including: rock, blues, soul, reggae, punk, folk, film and TV themes, well known songs and original material.
- If you've haven't performed live much before, get experience playing with other people, as well as some pro performers.
- The show nights are a lot of fun and a great chance to invite friends and family to see you play in a local Ealing venue.
- For intermediate to advanced players.
*Apart from learning songs and pieces of music in the classes, much time is spent on developing strumming, lead techniques and fingerpicking. Composition and improvisation are also explored.
If you're interested in finding out more about the guitar orchestra get in contact. (Contact details upper left hand side of this page)
Subscribe to our newsletter, using the form on the left; for free tutorials and updates about classes, workshops and orchestra news.